— Kangaroo Valley NSW —
368D Bunkers Hill Rd
Mountain Springs is set in one the most ancient and scenic landscapes in Australia. No expense has been spared with only the best materials and craftsmanship being utilised. Every detail has been meticulously planned and executed and features luxury elements such as stone, wood, steel, and large panels of double glass.
Created by architect Scott Buscall of DesignStudioGroup and built on almost 5-acres of beautiful countryside, Mountain Springs is one of the most remarkable regional homes which is only surpassed by the surrounding landscape and escarpment.
Secluded behind gated security off a private road, this innovative luxury home is laid out over a single level, with a separate large architectural garage/workshop. The design allows the connection to the dramatic escarpment formation throughout each internal space. A large, cantilevered roof provides shelter while the buildings external material reference and age according to the weather as the escarpment has aged over time.
Living and dining spaces are perfectly positioned to take in the stunning natural environment that this home is resides in. You are sitting in the best dress circle seat, to gaze at this very distracting and constantly changing natural landscape, the light is extraordinary.
- Large open plan kitchen, dining and lounge area with feature fireplace and designer light fittings.
- Wrap around decking flows to BBQ, outdoor fireplace, mineral swimming pool and landscaped gardens.
- Italian Aquila marble benchtops and splashbacks in kitchen and butlers’ pantry
- Gaggenau appliances including cooktop and stove, rangehood and oven plus microwave and wine fridge in the butler’s pantry.
- Four large spacious bedrooms, including two with ensuites and WIR.
- Fully fitted out study, large laundry/mudroom, linen cupboard, facilities room.
- Four bathrooms featuring Italian Limestone tiles, custom made recycled Messmate timber vanities and a spectacular Alberta Stone freestanding bathtub.
- Parking for five cars, including a triple car garage.
- Year-round comfort is provided by in-slab and ducted heating and cooling, solar energy, and internal and external fireplaces.
- High speed Starlink internet, Control4 home automation and high-tech security systems which are remotely accessible.
Exteriors features include charred Ironbark cladding, commercial grade Corten, hand crafted sandstone blade walls, Porphyry crazy pave stone from Italy with step treads and pool coping all platina Italian limestone.
The garden has been carefully curated using a selection of native plants that are low maintenance and thrive in the Australian climate. The home has excellent water supply via harvested rainwater stored in steel tanks and then filtered via a UHV filtration system ensuring only the highest quality water.
Located in a peaceful location, while gazing out at an incomparable natural landscape, it’s hard to believe that this private mountain hideaway is only 15-minute drive from the popular town of Kangaroo Valley and around 2 hours’ drive from both Sydney and Canberra.