1920s Art Deco Masterpiece
— Lidsdale NSW —
Built in 1912 by local businessman Frank Neubeck, Lidsdale House is one of the regions finest examples of 1920s Art Deco style.
Constructed from locally quarried sandstone, this expansive country estate is set on 50* acres of beautiful farm land. It could remain as a private family home or utilised as a commercial tourism destination.
With an impressive 980sqm* internal floorplan, accommodation at Lidsdale House is in abundance. With 9 bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms in total, 5 being on the ground floor level and 4 on the upper level. Glorious Art Deco styling and features are on display throughout this very spacious manor.
A large contemporary granite kitchen is perfectly placed in the centre of the home to provide easy access to the many living and entertaining areas.
A stunning feature of this property are the established parkland style gardens which were designed in the 1940s by Paul Sorensen. Sorensen is considered one of Australia’s foremost garden designers and is famous for Leura’s ‘Everglades’.
A second original dwelling (on separate title) is on the property which provides and amazing opportunity for further improvement or development. A second entrance is also available on View Street.
• 9 bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms in total
• Stylish Art Deco styling and features throughout
• Contemporary granite kitchen with Smeg gas
appliances and Carrara marble bench tops
• Glass enclosed winter lounge room, wrap around
• Grand formal lounge room, formally a ballroom with a
seating capacity for 100* guests
• Formal dining room and spacious living rooms
• Sheltered central alfresco courtyard with gardens and
• Former coach house perfect for repurposing
• Sandstone barbeque pavilion
• Original stables, chicken pen and rainwater tanks
• Double garaging and vast driveway parking
• Overlarge workshop, garden irrigation
• Large bore-fed pond
• Clay tennis court
• Orchard of plums, nectarines, pears, cherries and
Lidsdale House is only 2.5* hour drive to Sydney CBD and 10* minutes to Lithgow, 35* minutes to the Blue Mountains and close to many restaurants, hotels and attractions, such as Wolgan Valley, historic Leura, the Scenic Railway at Katoomba, the Three Sisters, Hartley Valley and Jenolan Caves.
Deborah Cullen and Richard Royle are delighted to be working in conjunction with Jamie Giokaris – Principal, LJ Hooker Lithgow. M +61 418 201 028