Privately Owned Forest with Natural Resources & Ecological Significance
— Stroud NSW —
Gorton Forest Estate, 1224 Mill Creek Road
Gorton Forest Estate offers a truly unique opportunity to acquire a remarkable piece of Australia. It provides an investment for the future with an abundance of natural resources, conservation and ecological diversity.
It would have to be one of the state’s greatest privately owned forests, offering stunning timber species and a wide variety of flora and fauna. After 90* years under the same family ownership, the time has come to present this truly unique piece of Australia to the market.
The property ranges in diversity from rainforests to koalas and has numerous escarpments and lookout points throughout the estate.
Only after an inspection will you appreciate its beauty and significance.
- 3,932* hectares (9,716* acres) of freehold land
- Significant volumes of commercial hardwood timber
- Biodiversity stewardships and carbon farming opportunities
- Wide variety of flora & fauna including koalas
- High yearly rainfall ranging from 1,114mm* to 1,325mm*
- Extensive network of approximately 50km* roads & trails
- Comfortable three-bedroom home and associated sheds
- Potential subdivision (STCA) or remain as a single holding
The Gorton Estate forest was fully surveyed in 1997 recording an estimate of 100,000* cubic metres of merchantable sawlogs and a net harvestable area of 3,400* hectares (subject to New South Wales code of practice for private native forestry; current PVP expires 2029).
Timber species across the estate include, Sydney blue gum, grey gum, white mahogany, grey ironbark, tallowwood & turpentine.
Located on the picturesque east coast of Australia and only 11km* north east of Stroud, 89km* north of Newcastle and 229km* north of Sydney.