Architectural Homestead, Agriculture & Pristine Nature

— Paddys River NSW —

Glencoe is a highly improved cattle and lifestyle farm of approximately 1,000 acres, located in a quiet and peaceful pocket of the Southern Highlands. Glencoe has an impressive country style homestead designed by renowned architect Richard Rowe. The homestead includes a central open fireplace, in-ground pool, tennis court and expansive countryside views.

Glencoe is very picturesque, offering the perfect balance of open grazing, timber shelters, nature and wildlife. There are numerous ideal picnic and BBQ spots along the creek, river and woodlands.

Glencoe is approximately halfway between Sydney and Canberra. It can be easily accessed via the Hume Highway or Canyonleigh Road and is approximately 24 mins to Sutton Forest and 32 mins to Bowral.

Current Enterprise

Glencoe currently operates as a grazing, breeding, and fattening enterprise with approximately 90% of the land considered to be arable and open grazing.  The remaining 10% is beautiful native timber woodlands.

There is an irrigation system, comprising hydrants and designed for a travelling irrigator, which could be utilised to provide additional fattening/finishing or hay production.

Currently Glencoe is run by a farm manager who brings in additional staff when required.  The manager lives on the farm in a separate cottage towards the main entrance.

Carrying Capacity

Glencoe has a current carrying capacity of approximately 180 cows with calf followers and approx. 30 – 40 replacement heifers.  There is additional scope for further pasture improvement to raise the carrying capacity.


The fencing on Glencoe is superb and highly efficient, comprising 26 paddocks.  Under the current ownership, and manager, the property has undergone an extensive fencing redesign throughout.

Features now include;

  • Westonfence (electrified plain wires & recycled plastic)
  • Laneway system of approx. 3km (reducing manual labour)
  • Smaller paddocks (rotational grazing & pasture management)


Glencoe has a mixture of improved and native pastures with approximately 170 acres of established pastures with an additional 170 acres sown to Oats and rye grass, the remainder being native pastures.

Glencoe has an ongoing pasture improvement programme underway with one or more paddocks planted to permanent pasture each year. Prior to being planted to permanent pasture the paddocks undergo a two year weed eradication programme and planted to forage crops, such Oats or similar.

The property has had a long history of pasture improvement including native and introduced clovers and grasses throughout.  The property has a long fertiliser history (over 20 years) with the entire property having been fertilised with single super on a 12 to 18 month rotation.


Glencoe retains a good mix of infrastructure. The accommodation is very comfortable, and the farm infrastructure is adequate for its size and operation.

Features of Glencoe include;

  • 4/5 bedroom homestead plus study (Two ensuites, family bathroom & powder room), in-ground pool & tennis court
  • 3 bedroom managers residence, master with ensuite
  • 3 stand woolshed (currently used for storage)
  • Steel & timber cattle yards, crush plus loading ramp
  • Hay shed, machinery shed & workshop (concrete floor)
  • 3 phase power

Soil & Topography

The soils are mainly basalt and alluvial and shale loams.

The topography ranges from creek flats to undulating hillside with a mixture of open grazing, timbered woodlands and sheltered valleys.  There is a healthy mix of native gums, Eucalypts and shrubs.  Some boundary tree planting has been undertaken utilising the endangered Paddys River Box.


Glencoe has excellent natural water resources with an evenly spread annual rainfall of approx. 790 millimetres (Recorded at Moss Vale AWS).

There are excellent water holes along the Paddys River and Long Swamp Creek with some having fish and occasional platypus.

There is an abundance of natural spring fed water courses and dams spread across the property.

Glencoe also has a reticulated water system comprising concrete troughs, header tanks and bore water.

Please contact Richard Royle (0418 961 575) or Deborah Cullen (0401 849 955).

— Country —

For Sale

405 hectares (1,000 acres)

5 3 3

Richard Royle
Director & Licensee
M: +61 418 961 575
email me

Deborah Cullen
M: +61 401 849 955
email me

— Location Map —