— Sutton Forest NSW —
295 & 395 Belanglo & Cherry Tree Road
Ashurst offers a rare and diverse large land holding of approximately 355 hectares (877 acres), in the picturesque Sutton Forest/Belanglo region of the Southern Highlands. The property combines wide open grazing paddocks, cultivation, extensive water resources and bordering diverse nature.
Ashurst is a property which abounds in natural beauty, offering a wide selection of elevated house sites with exceptional views.
Ashurst would suit buyers looking to create their own country estate with scale or developers who may be interested in the subdivision potential of the land (STCA).
- Zoned C3: Environmental Management
- Minimal Lot Size: 40ha (100ac)
- Outstanding water resources (Approx 785mm annual rainfall)
- Approx 23 dams and large lakes (full of native birdlife)
- Open grazing with improved pastures (phalaris & cocksfoot)
- Old established large cypress pine windbreaks
- 13min to Berrima, 20min to Bowral & 1hr 25min to Sydney Airport
- Carrying capacity of approximately 200 cows plus calf
The land is mainly wide-open grazing with improved and native pastures. The improved pastures include phalaris and cocksfoot. Approximately 30% of the land is considered suitable for cultivation/cropping. 85% of the land is suitable for grazing with 15% timber and nature.
The water on Ashurst is a standout feature with extensive dams and lakes spread throughout the property. The lakes are full of various birdlife and once provided water for irrigation purposes.
- 50 megalitre irrigation licence (aquifer/bore)
- Potable quality aquifer/bore water
Mostly rich basalt soils ranging from dark greyish brown to lighter yellow with occasional rocky outcrops.
The fencing is a combination of ringlock, plain and barb. Overall, the fencing is adequate but would benefit from further ongoing upgrades.
There are two separate cottages on the northern entry point to the property which could accommodate a farm manager or a personal home while you build.
Alongside the cottages is a machinery shed and workshop with an additional hay shed at the centre of the property.
There are currently no yards on the property but there are excellent locations which have all-weather access, elevation and water.
For Sale by Expressions of Interest.
Richard Royle (0418 961 575) or Deborah Cullen (0401 849 955)